Kirklees Community Hubs
This project is now archived. This page is retained for information purposes.
RAY is working with voluntary and community groups in the Kirklees district to create new 'community hubs.'
We will work with management committees and volunteers to support them to consider how they can turn their community building into a venue for local activity and a bustling 'community hub' that can improve the health and wellbeing of local residents, in particular older and vulnerable people.
This might include setting up new groups or activities; making services more accessible to older people, or people with dementia; thinking about and ascertaining the needs of local residents; learning from other organisations in the area; sharing knowledge and ideas with other volunteers; or becoming dementia friendly venues that are confident in identifying and supporting local people who are living with dementia.
Groups which are interested in joining in with this project are encouraged to contact Solo on 0845 313 0270 or emailing email@example.com.
What help is available to community hubs?
- Groups will be able to learn from and support one another and swap skills, ideas and experiences
- There will be local 1-to-1 support from our Kirklees Development Officer
- Events at which to network, showcase progress, and celebrate your hub
- Help to source funding and grants for new services
- Volunteer training
- Resources on dementia and becoming dementia friends, as well as training
- Support to achieving sustainability
Contact us to find out more or to express interest. You can also call the main switchboard on 0845 313 0270.
Check out the latest blog updates here.
|Kirklees leaflet.pdf||1.48 MB|
|K2V Events poster.pdf||1.19 MB|